Year: since 2004
E-COMMERCE WEBSITE FOR FLOWERS AND PLANTS
Established more than 80 years ago, Meilland Richardier is a creator and producer of roses. Boasting significant experience in distance sales their website is one of the leaders on its market.
In 2010, the company’s e-commerce website reached its limit and an ambitious project was launched for a new website.
The challenge was both technical and commercial as it required taking into account the life cycle of the plants (vegetal products) and integrating data with the information system. It was also important to maintain the growth of online sales turnover, close to 20 to 30% per year.
- Promote the brand using under-tapped growth levers (consumers < 50 + all types of gardens, including urban) and modernize the brand identity.
- Emphasize the competitive assets compared to other distributors in the field: Meilland is a creator, producer, distributor, and has been for more than 50 years.
- Creation of a new signature: ‘creator – produce’ + garden panel “Selling plant for more than 80 years”.
- More modern design for the website, more user-friendly.
- Technical solution: Magento base + integration of AS400 (stocks, availability, shipping, prices, special pricing …)
- Acquisition: SEO, SEA (internal), emailing, Facebook, Youtube…
- + 24% business with the new website
- + 60% in number of items ordered